Cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you'd like to opt out, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Our website uses both persistent and session cookies:
Session cookies are used in order to allow customers to carry information across pages of the website, without having to re-enter such information. These cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another, or when you shut down your browser.
Persistent cookies are used to allow the website to recognise users when they return to the site and to remember certain information about their preferences. These cookies are cookies which stay on your computer until they expire or, until you "manually" delete them.
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To drive Equip4work marketing, particularly online advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Equip4work to collect information about the browsing habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, promotions etc.
- Allows customers to talk with us while browsing the website or to offer customers an invitation to talk with one of our customer service representatives.
How do I disable cookies
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu 'tools' > then 'Internet Options'
- Click on the 'privacy' tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu 'tools' > then 'Options'
- Click on the icon 'privacy'
- Find the menu 'cookie' and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu 'Files' then 'Preferences'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
What happens if I disable cookies
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
Further information about cookies
For further information about cookies can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website by visiting https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/.
Our ICO registration number is ZA197270.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.